Locally sourced & freshly prepared seasonal food
Our menus reflect our cultural backgrounds of Herefordshire & The Caribbean. Stephen is of Jamaican descent and has loved to cook from a young age when he would help and learn from his mother. His colourful and imaginative use of spices and herbs in the kitchen will get your taste buds tingling. Lucy’s English farmhouse upbringing is reflected in her homemade cakes and pastries as well as delectable desserts which you can spoil yourself with during your stay.
Huntlands Farm produce & local suppliers
We aim to support local producers as much as we can as well as cook with the produce we grow in our own garden and the fruit grown in our orchards.
We are proud to announce that we now cook with local, cold pressed rapeseed oil from Warren Farm, Brockhampton and you can purchase bottles from our honesty table.
Therefore, your breakfast will be a combination of homemade or home produced food as well as locally sourced ingredients. Our hens lay eggs daily, our jams are homemade from our own fruit trees, vegetables come from the vegetable garden and where possible, we even cook our own beef, lamb and pork. If we can’t produce it ourselves, we ensure we use and support locally grown food as much as possible.
Take advantage of our Sunday-in-Bed Breakfast Tray; let us know the night before what you fancy for breakfast and what time you will wake to receive it and we will happily deliver your breakfast to you in your room.
Your special requirements
If you have any dietary requirements please do inform us at the time of booking as we wish to make your stay with us as enjoyable as possible. If you have any special requests or you are celebrating a special occasion, please do let us know so we can help you arrange something of your choice to ensure your stay is memorable.
“Fortify oneself thoroughly first thing in the morning, to prepare for the day ahead!”
FULL BREAKFAST MENU
We serve breakfast between 08.00 and 09.00 but we are happy to serve an earlier breakfast on request.
From the sideboard:
Selection of Cereals
Muesli, Kelloggs Cornflakes, Frosties, Crunchy Nut Cornflakes, and Rice Krispies
Selection of fresh fruit
Freshly Prepared, AGA cooked:
Full English Farmhouse Breakfast – Our own Free Range Eggs
cooked to your choice of: Fried, Scrambled, Poached, Boiled with soldiers, or an Omelette
Together with your choice of any of the following:
Grilled Herefordshire Back Bacon
Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Eggs
Hot & Cold Drinks
Twinings Tea: Everyday Tea; Earl Grey, English Breakfast; Assam; Ceylon; Lady Grey; Peppermint; Herbal; Fruit; decaffeinated available on request
Cafetiere Ground Coffee (decaffeinated available on request)
Bread & Preserves
Bacon & Fried Egg Roll
White or Brown Toast with preserves
Homemade Marmalade, Honey, & a selection of homemade Jams
For our Vegan & Vegetarian guests we can offer soya milk with hot drinks and cereals and a selection of anything from the menu that is suitable. If you let us know your dietary requirements, especially if you require a gluten free diet, when booking we can specifically cater for you and tailor our menu to suit your tastes.
If our own produce is unavailable for some reason, we ensure we use locally grown food as much as possible.
Food Allergies and Intolerances:
Before you order your food and drinks, please speak to our staff if you want to know about our ingredients.
We are happy to offer a 3-course evening meal including coffee/tea at £24.50 per person if ordered at the time of booking. 2-course evening meal including coffee/tea is £20.00 per person, either starter and main or, main and desert.
Please note that we are not a restaurant so we are unable to offer a menu. The sample evening meals listed below are the types of dishes we cook and serve. If you specifically wish us to cook one of them listed, please do ask at the time of booking.
We usually serve dinner at 7.30pm but times and menus can be discussed when booking your reservation.
Also, we are not licenced to sell alcohol but, you are more than welcome to bring your own drink with you.
Should you require a picnic hamper or packed lunch please do let us know when booking; a price of £6.50 per person will be charged.
SAMPLE EVENING MEALS
Caribbean fish cakes
Stephen’s spicy prawns
Parma ham and melon
Jamaican jerk chicken
Brown stew chicken or lamb
Grilled steak Caribbean-style
Huntlands BBQ chicken or lamb
Home produced lamb chops
All served with seasonal vegetables, salad, potatoes (roast, boiled, dauphinoise), or Caribbean rice and peas.
Roasted Mediterranean Vegetable Lasagne
Veggie Spaghetti Bolognese
Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie
Goat’s Cheese and Red Pepper Tart
Sticky toffee pudding
Luxury lemon bread and butter pudding
English apple & blackberry pie
Baked rice pudding
Rhubarb and ginger crumble
Traditional English sherry trifle
All served with lashings of custard, chilled cream and/or ice cream.
Before you order your food and drinks, please speak to us if you want to know about our ingredients.
There are many local pubs and restaurants to visit; those closest to us are listed below:
- Admiral Rodney – local, free house situated on the loop of the Worcestershire Way offering fresh food, well-kept real ales and superb ciders.
- Green Cow Kitchens, Whitbourne - An intimate restaurant using local, seasonal ingredients; open every Friday evening.
- The Bell at Lower Broadheath, Martley Road, Worcester, WR2 6QG Tel 01905 640220
Ian and Lyndsey serve home cooked food at wonderful prices: lunch and early evening menu as well as an a la carte menu.
- The Fox & Hounds Lulsley – home cooked food in a country pub setting.
- The Live and Let Live, Bringsty – 16th-century former cider house and the only thatched pub in Herefordshire offering fantastic views of Bringsty Common as well as great food. Has a great selection of beers and always has the Butty Bach from the Wye Valley Brewery on tap as well as other guest beers.
- The Live and Let Live, Whitbourne – newly refurbished village pub offering home cooked food and good ale – within walking distance from Huntlands Farm.
- The Masons Arms, Wichenford serve home-made British classics with a European twist, including authentic tapas and homemade pizzas.
- The Royal Oak, Broadwas – Broadwas, WR6 5NE Tel 01886 821353
Home of “The Ultimate Carvery”, 3 fresh local meats, 12 fresh vegetables, Homemade Yorkshire puddings, homemade stuffing, Garlic potatoes, cauliflower cheese finished with delicious meaty gravy.
- The Royal Oak, Bromyard Downs – A traditional Tudor-built Freehouse and the only surviving Pub on Bromyard Downs – an area of around 260 acres with some beautiful walks and stunning scenery; all overlooking the quaint, market town of Bromyard. They have separate gluten free and vegan menus.
- The Talbot at Knightwick – home of The Teme Valley Brewery serving organic and locally produced food using traditional, seasonal and sometimes ancient recipes. Always have This, That & T’Other from Teme Valley Brewery (their own microbrewery which uses locally grown hops), Hobsons Best Bitter and whatever Chris has brewed as the Teme Valley seasonal beer which can range from Blonde through to Porter or maybe a ‘one off’ such as Summer Nights. They have been awarded a “Star” in the Best Beer section of the CAMRA guide.
- Wheatsheaf at Whitbourne – within walking distance of Huntlands Farm, serving traditional country food. Usually has a selection from Wye Valley, Butcombe, Cottage Brewery or Goffs, to name a few. They also won the pub of the Season Spring 2012 through CAMRA.